Ultra Wide
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Jul 23, 2000
- Messages
- 1,396
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
{NG}Fidel said:....People tend to forget this is ATIs first Gaming Multi GPU Solution....
Endurancevm said:Well lookie, the X850's are close to the 7800GTX's.....
ShuttleLuv said:^ They weren't called GPU's back then....iirc.![]()
you said it...i HATE webpages i can read...sheeshThisMonsterLives said:Wow that's a lot easier to read than the [H] main page.
LabRat said:Rage Fury Maxx ring a bell?
http://www.ati.com/products/rage128pro/ragefurymaxx/
ATi was doing multi-core a long time ago. Didn't work out well then, either.
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/ragefurymaxx/default.asp
![]()
fallguy said:He said multi "GPU", not multi "core". Its not the same thing.
LabRat said:Edjumacate me. How is a "GPU" different from a core and why should the institutional knowledge ATi gained from MAXX not apply to the CrossFire setup?
Note: I'm being somewhat facetious in these posts. I realize that there are vast differences between these cores (and yes, a GPU is still a core) and I doubt that many of the MAXX crew are still on the good ship ATi.
Shifra said:The only way the MAXX worked was in AFR, things have come a long long way. Should we start to compare IQ of the Geforce 3 to the Geforce 7 now and wonder why the image quality has gotten shittier?
and you'll never find ATI referring to any of their cores as GPUs.
PNut12345 said:http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20050926/index.html
toms hardware has an article up, showing the X850 CrossFire beating 7800GTX's in SLI on a few games. This could be an interesting generation, folks. I know HL2 has a tendency to favor ATI cards, but tom's site has the X850's spanking the nVidia cards across the board on that game. Seems like the sites have a back-and-forth going on between the two companies.
qft.yevaud said:Wow, I quit Tom's Hardware long before the X1k was a twinkle in ATI's eye. Unfortunately, I followed the link anyway. Interesting that under the ATI setup, they list the FX-55 and FX-57, but only the FX-55 under the SLI setup? Hmm. Also, I know there are a large number of people who will be buying an SLI/Crossfire rig so they can play UT2004 with no AA at 1024x768 res.![]()
Also absent is what drivers versions were used + what was the core clock of the 7800 card? Shoddy Shoddy review. Now I remember why I quit giving them pageloads.![]()
Shifra said:...Should we start to compare IQ of the Geforce 3 to the Geforce 7 now and wonder why the image quality has gotten shittier?
...
Josh_B said:Crossfire is dissapointing more because:
1) ATI's Linux drivers continue to suck. I realize that Nvidia's SLI probably doesn't work in Linux either, but at least I can install a single card properly.
2) 60Hz @ 1600x1200?
Ahahah! Don't forget--you still can't buy it. Even with last generation's tech.Rollo said:"OK, well, no one with a CRT can use it, even LCDs are limited to 16X12, the motherboards are subpar, and they need a dongle! Can we screw this up more? Think guys! External power supply? Only runs in DOS? What about......oh! A Master and Slave card setup! That will screw them up!"
![]()
Zinn said:Ahahah! Don't forget--you still can't buy it. Even with last generation's tech.
My prediction: they'll be about as effective as ASUS trying to release those dual-GPU vid cards--by the time they finish working on one, the next generation will be out to market.
Project_2501 said:Normally I'd come up with soemthing in defense for ATi, but right about now they're in a cell touching their toes w/ bubba up behind 'em... Kinda sucks for them, eh?
Sir-Fragalot said:It causes the market, and products to become stagnant and lame.
Project_2501 said:Creative Labs anyone?
But I agree with what you mean about brand loyalty, I only have this X850XT PE in my computer because my dad gave it to me, which was bought 2 months before the release of the 7800xx serise of cards. I have been an ATI-!!!!!! of sorts in the past I suppose, but there's really no excuse for this. Now I want a 3800+ X2 and a 7800gtx, and I'd be a happy camper, and maybe a better case...
At any rate, ATi doesn't make sense, unless you need something for ~$200, in which case the X800GTO is the good product to buy. Somehow midrange doesn't do it for me though.