File Sharing Download problems

jml177

n00b
Heres the deal, I have a cable connection split between two computers with a router. I can connect to the internet fine with both computers and get great download speeds, but as soon as a connect to Kazaa or winmx my downloads are slower than i had with my 56k. Something from .01 to maybe 1kb/s if I'm lucky. I'm not an idiot, I have checked numerous settings: no firewall, all ports opened, downloading from many users with large bandwidth. I thought maybe the router was messed up so I picked up another one, same thing. I also thought that the cable company was restricting bandwidth to those port, I called them up they said they were not. I then tried to connect my computer directly to the cable modem, and I got the speeds that I know are possible. I have read numerous port fowarding, and get Kazaa to connect articles online to no avail. Does anybody have any ideas, or myabe some good links to resources that I could try.

Here are the specs of the network:

2 computers both running XP pro
3com 3c905b TX NIC in desktop
Dual Band WLAN Mini PCI Card in Dell Laptop
Router: Linksys BEFW1154

Also, I was a member long ago and we could search, why is that feature now disabled?

Thanks

My opinion: Kazaa sucks for anything; legal and otherwise. If you are gonna pirate content, be a man about it.

To answer your question: Open ports. Connect a computer directly and test.

To answer you other question: It's a hardware problem.

Back