FF bookmarks gone ?!?!?!?

_jd_

Weaksauce
ok now that I stopped punching the wall (Hi neigbourino !), though still shaking and foaming with rage and all... it seems like my Firefox bookmarks have disappeared ? (*&*(#&%#*$&(*@$&#&)

I was playing Jagged Alliance 2 - old, undemanding game that has never given me any troubles, so I normally just run it without closing browser windows, winamp and all the usual little things like that - when I somehow pressed ESC with some ingame popup on the screen and for some reason the game locked up. For that matter, the whole computer was near-frozen, but I managed to switch back to desktop by pressing Win key. I had a bunch of sites open in the browser that I wanted to bookmark and haven't done that before I started playing so I did that (it was all slow but I eventually bookmarked what I wanted to and closed Firefox).

And then... I restarted the comp.... opened FFox and - it was like I just ran it for the first time... default layout... which I didn't mind too much (reminded me of IE, it used to lose the customized layout once in a while).....but then I went to open one of the previously saved bookmarks.... AND THEY WERE ALL F^%$%#%$%^ GONE !!!!??????? ... and the next thing I remember is someone taking a straight jacket off of me... :mad:

SO... any ideas ??? this is just stupid. I want them back !

thanks for that. appreciated.

however... sadly... it turns out that the only other profile with the bookmarks file there was rather old- to be exact, it was from the day when I installed FF and imported bookmarks from IE (and that was a looooong time ago) - that of course doesn't make any sense because I haven't had any "profile-crash" :D or changed the profile before so if that was there it should have had all of my bookmarks up until the few days ago... go figure

so anyways, I'm back to permanent state of rage :mad: (turning green I think...) ... and if anyone has any other idea about what might have happened or what else I can try feel free to enlighten me :(

[ps: I actually have looked into all the FF folders right after that happened... d'uh... but I was so mad that I completely missed the little that was there, heh]

Back