Few problems with Netgear Nighthawk R7000?

Shadowprice

2[H]4U
I like posting here because you guys usually give good advice/insight. I have a Nighthawk R7000. When I first got it, the speeds were absolutely blazing fast.

Now several months down the line, I've noticed a few slowdowns here and there, it's not completely terrible. The connection is still good, I'm just trying to figure out what causes this? i've done nothing different. For instance, images on instagram will take 2-3 seconds to load, while its instant on other networks or quicker on my carrier's network. I get some occasionally lagging of pages, but not too bad.

I have 1 laptop, 1 PS4, and 5 mobile devices connected (I know casual setup). The PS4 is hard wired in. I've taken all firmware updates. Is there anything else I can do?

Oh, and for some added information:

Speedtest.net with my ISP shows I am getting max speed. Everything seems to work okay accept for loading media images, or streaming video. Any sites that stream, or Netflix for instances is super slow, and instagram will hardly load images. Online gaming seems to be okay, but I'm wired in. Websites are fine.

I also tried factory resetting the router and same thing.

Really bizarre.

Since it seems your referring to wifi clients I would analyze if any new wireless signals came up and see which channels are being used the least. Force your router to only use these. For 2.4 band only use 1,6,11. The 5ghz you have more flexibly. For channel width try for 20 or 40 as it will give you more channel room if you don't need every last drop of throughput. To be honest it could be a host of things but try this first

Definitely sounds like a wifi problem to me. The 2.4G frequency is incredibly congested - get as many clients on 5.0 as you possibly can.

Vengance_01 nailed most of the answer you'd need to get started.

Back