Favorite Watercooling System?

Thread's Point...

Just answer the above question (Please say why, whether it be prices, quality, or ease-of-use.).

How much better making your own would be (try using temps in C, don't just say "A LOT!!1!") if it is better. Also, can you tell me where to buy some good wc parts so if I do make my own I can get good parts.

in general:

homebuilt = better
prefab can be pretty easy to install, I would say same price if not more as homebuilt, and will offer worse performance.

Many people say that prefab wc kits are only slightly better (if any) than high end air coolers, whereas people with homebuilt wc'ing may be talking high 20s low 30s load on super overclocked AMD. Sorry I can't give you any exact numbers, maybe some others can.

There's a large link list somewhere around here... Sticky on some forum. Anyway, I would recommend SNT-systems, dtek mods, and danger den.,but research what parts you want first. For a basic system that will get you started I'd recommend:

Eheim or Hydor Pump
White water blocks or Aqua computer waterblocks. Danger dens are decent as well.
Heater core Radiator (either from a car like a chevette or a manufactured one)
Tygon or clearflex tubing (i have some tygon FS cheap incidentally)
And either a homemade reservoir or retail.

I got a swiftech kit for my amd system and it is very nice if you ask me. It dropped my temps significantly. The install was easy and it looks great. Was able to find the whole kit for $150 on ebay brand new.

I have been watercooling my computers for years. I have tried store-bought systems and my own. Personally I would go with making your own. It should be about 10 degrees cooler then a store-bought system. About where to buy parts, it all depends on who has the best prices on what. You have to do a little research on that, but i usually buy most of my parts from http://www.crazypc.com/.

Hope that helps,
Smcgee85

You all must realize that the temps the thing can do are only relative. What you are looking for is a good delta T between room temp and CPU temp. You cannot quantify 30C because there is no reference point. Personally, Im getting 47C. Well this may look like crappy watercooling, but my room temp is 35C (my dad doesnt like to turn the AC on sometimes and just opens the windows :mad: ) so it isnt that bad, especially for how quiet it is.

Home built kits are usually worth the trouble of installing. I can vouch for that.

If you want to have watercooling but don't want to put a *lot* of time into it then get a kit and take the easy way out. But most everyone will say to build your own, it's not that hard and will be much more rewarding. :D

for example my rig

If you take my room temp in F, divide it in half, and add 3. That is my CPU idle temp in C.

Just something i noticed...since my room's window fan has an F thermometer, but my LCD temp display for my computer is in C. :rolleyes:

Back