Fantom Drives Titanium II 120GB USB 2.0 Hard Drive 7200rpm- $29.99 shipped AR + GCO

Any one get there rebate on this one?

I got a "DING" email saying my rebate was rejected because of an invalid serial number.

My serial number is absolutely valid and I send in a JPG of the drive with the drive, model number and serial number clearly visible.

I got a canned response back that felt like nobody even looked at my eamil or the photo I included. It was essentially a duplicate of the original rejection email.

Starting to feel like a rebate that nobody planned on paying from the start. It's really great to know you did everything right and know that you are just not going to get your rebate.

Other experiences?

their drives suck,

sorry to thread crap... this is more of a warning though

but ... I bought a Titanium II 250GB, and mine failed within 3 weeks or so. It was detected, but then when I tried to access my files, my computer froze up. after that, my hard drive was not even detected at all, and I contacted customer service.. for a RMA ...took them 2 weeks for response, and they told me to reformat??? While I clearly stated it was dead, and could not be detected. =/

I'll say, stay away.

their drives suck,

sorry to thread crap... this is more of a warning though

but ... I bought a Titanium II 250GB, and mine failed within 3 weeks or so. It was detected, but then when I tried to access my files, my computer froze up. after that, my hard drive was not even detected at all, and I contacted customer service.. for a RMA ...took them 2 weeks for response, and they told me to reformat??? While I clearly stated it was dead, and could not be detected. =/

I'll say, stay away.

Great.

So far the USB drive is good. I am using as a system drive for a hacked Linkksys NSLU2 (SLUG) and everything is working great. Been on 24x7 for almost a month now.

I will take into account the prospect that it might be less reliable than one would hope for and backup/plan accordingly. thanks for the warning.

I plan on putting a 320gig segate in the thing anyway, and using the existing internal drive for a throwaway internet access only "guest" computer. Having said that, the drive works for me ATM, and has been for around a month now. No problems. Just wish the rebate would hurry up.

It's over.

Not sure if you meant that the deal is over (it was over long ago, I know that) or if you meant that it's over as far as getting my rebate.

I was just trying to see if anyone else was getting rejected like I was. Kind of taking a poll.

Anyway, I resubmittted via fax and they did approve it and put it back into processing status. Here is the fax number if anyone else needs it: 480-606-4313

Got my $25 rebate check yesterday. Just thought I'd share.
Total price shipped was $54.99-25 = $29.99
Drive runs like a champ.

Back