• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Fan Controllers

tdktank59

Gawd
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
590
Alright im looking for a new fan controller as well as another one for the server im building.

I have the sunbeam pos one atm... http://www.svc.com/cw-bk.html

anyways its a pos as i said above and im sick of it beeping at me and resetting its self for no reason (new battery and everything)

So ive found a few that look intresting and I want to get some input

Scythe Kaze Master 5.25" 4 Channel Fan Controller / Temp Display - Black (KM01-BK)

and the

Lian Li TR-5B - Digital 5.25” LCD Thermometer / Fan Controller - Black

The only deal is that it needs to support 4+ fans. and has to be black. which both of these meet!

One of these needs to fit into a cosmos 1000 (front door that limits the size in front. however i can recess stuff a bit to make it work)

Any reviews on the 2 newegg has some on the scythe but nothing on the lian li one. (both seem hard to find)

Let me know

Also heads up to anyone who wants to buy the sunbeam its not worth it...
 
Maybe help or add to your quandry but I bought and installed a Scyth Kama Meter Today.

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_2967.html

Very happy with it so far, I bought it as I'm trying to run a silent rig and I have achieved it with this, a few points i'd make:

No direct voltage regulation (or display), controls fans speed only. (I realise it will be altering voltage to control speed but I hope you understand what I mean)
The control only seems to be able to pull the fans down to a minimum of ~960rpm (2xScythe S-flex 1200rpm and 1xNoctua 1200rpm.)

All that said <1000rpm seems to be the sweet spot for noise/good air flow and it came with a few changeable bezels - including blackl :cool:

I don't know how exactly how the Kama Meter stacks up to the Kaze Master, however, the Kaze Master does seem slightly better (spec-wise) from the link. So that can only be good.
 
Well from the looks of it the KAZE you can stop the fan completly.

Im even thiking about making my own (go down to radio shack and buy the parts and what not.
 
Well from the looks of it the KAZE you can stop the fan completly.

Im even thiking about making my own (go down to radio shack and buy the parts and what not.

Sounds like a plan/project. I'm too lazy but I saw a good guide on silentpcreview for that.
 
Heck if I can make them easy enough start selling them on here lol!

(lcds would be a bit tricky but i could see...)
 
I actually own the Kaze Master and it's a damn nice fan controller.. stepping up from a Rheobus, which is nice.

yeah you can turn fans off completely as well. Also PM or post if you have more questions
 
Good to know.

I might get one to play with...

Otherwise im actually looking at making my own (i want 5 fans... lol)
 
Back
Top