• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

FAH6 as a service under Linux

pjkenned

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
1,971
Wanted to see if anyone has FAH setup under Linux to startup as a service. I had my Ubuntu box restart for some unknown reason and I wanted to see if anyone had a way to do this.

I have -smp -bigadv in the config file and already tried running ./fah6 as a startup application but that seemed to have not worked.

Goal is, of course, to just have a headless Ubuntu install that when I power on the box, it folds.

Anyone have thoughts? I have a Sabertooth P67 and a still boxed i7-2600K waiting to get in on some action.
 
You could set up a init script, like here or just run it with screen from local.start for example ( screen -d -m /fahpath/fahclient )
 
to startup on boot you need to give the fully qualified path for the fah script

./fah6 as a startup would not work as ./ says current directory for the fah6 executable file

so /path/to/fah6 should work, you can even add an & at the end to have it run in the background.

you can do other things too like chkconfig --add, vi inittab, cron job to check if fah is running, if not /path/to/fah6, etc...
 
Back
Top