f2c translator urgent!!

ycchan

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking for a Fortran to C translator but I had no luck finding a free one online. Does anyone know where I can get one?

I did a search on yahoo but with no luck.

I got a working code in Fortran but I need to write it in C. I was thinking this should be a shortcut. :p

Lcc-win32 may have had a utility attached to it... http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32/

I'm not sure if it had a standalone converter or you could could run fortran through the compiler to convert to C or I was tripping... either way, it's free and a 3.2mb dl so give it a try.

Thanks for your help....

But their server is screw up at the moment...argh

Do your homework... Fortran is REALLY easy to read and recode in C. Just do it, and learn.

Oh, and those fortran to c things? REALLY obvious that you used one... c code ain't that good either.

Yeah I agree that it will be pretty obvious to a human that you used a convertor. You may not be able to tell, but your professor certainly will.

Wow.

Fortran to C, that takes me back. too long, actually. *sits on gravestone*

It's really easy if you understand what the program is *doing*.
Once you figure that out, then you can easily re-write it in C.

Now converting C to ASM, or ASM to C. or C to byte code. That's where the real fun begins.

Originally posted by KaosDG
Wow.

Fortran to C, that takes me back. too long, actually. *sits on gravestone*

It's really easy if you understand what the program is *doing*.
Once you figure that out, then you can easily re-write it in C.

Now converting C to ASM, or ASM to C. or C to byte code. That's where the real fun begins.

If I ever have to convert c to asm by hand again... :(

Back