• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

F@H & Windows 8 ?

would be around the same as windows 7 i would assume..

that's what I'd assume too .. as well .. also ..

BUTT! .. I don't want to kill a great stable Vista install on a folding rig to play with Windows 8 if folding@home doesn't work .. I wish I had some more good hard drives laying around ..
 
Well, I know some people are having problem with the BOINC software working on 8 right now. Most are saying as long as they upgraded their previous Vista/7 installs that already had the software, it worked fine. Otherwise they had trouble getting it to run. I don't run FAH, so let us know what you find out when/if you try.
 
Sir I believe you misled us. I don't think there is such a thing as a stable Vista install. :p

But seriously AFAIK it's just the same as windows 7, and as mentioned by Guvernment compatibility mode should solve any issues you have.
 
Bah .. yuh big Vista hater'r .. lol

I gots 3 Vista boxes folding just nicely .. stable as can be

I think I'll give this "8" a go then

off topic .. Vista works great , and it's cheap because of the bad rap it got .. so great OS for secondary rigs (primary too, but I run Win7 on my main rig)
 
gpu2 and single core cpu client working just peachy on a PentiumD 2.8 w/2GB DDR2 and 8600GT
**posting from said machine**
 
Last edited:
And it also seems win 8 will run just fine on some older hardware.
 
And it also seems win 8 will run just fine on some older hardware.

They just need to release proper drivers for my Latitude XT, then Windows 8 can turn it into the tablet it was marketed as 3 years ago when I bought it. :D

No big hurry though, I played around with the dev preview on a second hard drive and it performs essentially the same as windows 7. Most of us with tablets have been getting much of the functionality of metro by using the media center front end since 7 launched.
 
Back
Top