I apologize if this has already been discussed or mentioned in the review, but I wasn't able to find any solid information regarding power consumption when using Eyefinity.
I'm curious what type of power is needed to support 3 22'' monitors (rest of the system is accurate in my signature.) I know that idle power consumption increases when you add 1 additional monitor (Toms Hardware confirmed this), and I'm interested in how a third monitor would affect things; if at all. Also, would the full-load values change any or simply just the idle power change? Here's the link to the article I was reading: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-charts-radeon,2493-2.html
I'm thinking of getting a 5850 and 3 monitors sometime in the next 6 months and I'd like to be sure that my HX850 power supply would be up to the task.
As always, thanks for the help.
I'm curious what type of power is needed to support 3 22'' monitors (rest of the system is accurate in my signature.) I know that idle power consumption increases when you add 1 additional monitor (Toms Hardware confirmed this), and I'm interested in how a third monitor would affect things; if at all. Also, would the full-load values change any or simply just the idle power change? Here's the link to the article I was reading: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-charts-radeon,2493-2.html
I'm thinking of getting a 5850 and 3 monitors sometime in the next 6 months and I'd like to be sure that my HX850 power supply would be up to the task.
As always, thanks for the help.