External HD

jeeper07

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
200
I just got an external HD, but i want to transfer EVERYTHING from my current HD's (2) to the external HD. If anyone can tell me how to transfer everything please let me know thanks you.
 
anyone? id like to be able to transfer my internet settings and everything.
 
Did the external drive come with backup software? That's probably the simplest thing to use. Maxtor (and IIRC WD) external drives come with a version of Dantz Retrospect, which works quite well.

If you want a bootable copy of your OS on an external drive, it's not likely to happen - Windows doesn't support booting from USB. Firewire, maybe, but I don't think so.
 
I think I gave a pretty good answer based on the input given. Before anyone's gonna get anywhere with this, you should answer these questions.

1) Did your drive come with backup software?
2) Are you trying to boot from it, or just make a backup?
 
i am trying to save everything on my current hd. to my external cause i will be changing computers shortly
 
Back
Top