On a recent trip to china, I thought I'd pick up a 2.5" external HDD enclosure USB 2.0 for an extra harddrive I had lying around.
It appeared to be new from the package, but when I plugged the thing into my laptop with my HDD inside, I got no new harddrive that showed up under my computer.
now, if I open device manager, sure enough, it shows up under "Disk drives" and is called, "ST306002 1@ USB Device" and sez its working properly. Ok that looks good, but it still does not show up under my computer. I know there is a good fat32 partition on the drive.
If i try going to "Disk Management" I don't see the attached hard drive either.
Is this a driver issue? or do u think something is defective with the enclosure?
It appeared to be new from the package, but when I plugged the thing into my laptop with my HDD inside, I got no new harddrive that showed up under my computer.
now, if I open device manager, sure enough, it shows up under "Disk drives" and is called, "ST306002 1@ USB Device" and sez its working properly. Ok that looks good, but it still does not show up under my computer. I know there is a good fat32 partition on the drive.
If i try going to "Disk Management" I don't see the attached hard drive either.
Is this a driver issue? or do u think something is defective with the enclosure?