Exporting Mail from OE

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
I get an error when I try to back up someones email from Outlook Express.

I am going to "File > Export > Messages"

I get a window that says "This will export messages from Outlook Express to MS Outlook or MS Exchange.

I select "OK".

I am then propmted to select the profile and there is only one in the drop down field called "Outlook".

I select "OK".

I select the mail folder I want to export to .pst file which is all my personal folders and select OK.

ERROR MESSAGE

The Export Could Not be Performed!

Your Default MAPI store could not be opened!

My only options is "OK".

I don't know what the issue is but I need this email backup before I wipe this drive.

Thanks for any help!

When it gets to "Select the mail folders you want to export from Outlook Express."
Have you tried just selecting the "ALL Folders" option and then hitting OK?
You might want to clean up outlook express and get rid of everything you dont need before you do that but it might work if you choose ALL.

Yes, I have tried selecting "All Folders" and I also tried making a folder and adding one simple text only email in it and still failed with the same error.

Check out www.microsoft.com/support Even though microsoft isn't the greatest company out there they do have explanations for each error their programs have... usually. Try checking that out and see if they have a fix for it. If not check if they have an explanation on which files in outlook express are the ones that save your info. I know they have that info for regular outlook but its not the same for OE. Hope this helps.

Back