Explain this one....

DellAxim

Gawd
I little while ago I was playing around with my computer and accidently restarted it while XP was booting. Whoops...corrupted something and it wouldn't boot anymore. So I put the drive in another computer I have so I could save my files. This computer also has XP, but is a completely different motherboard and everything.

Anyway...I haven't gotten around to reformatting the first computer, so it's drive has just been sitting in the second computer as the primary slave. Today the good computer froze and I restarted. It booted up from the BAD copy of XP that was installed on another computer. There are several strange things here...

1. Doesn't XP not boot if you change every peice of hardware? It didn't even detect any new hardware when it started...but everything seems to be working normal.
2. How the hell did it boot if it was corrupted?
3. WHY did it boot off of the primary slave drive when the primary master is still perfectly bootable and working?

XP just doesnt boot, or boots but you need to re-register it if you change like... 7 things I think it is. Other than that most of what you describe is sorta strange...

Back