I have a WIndows 2003 server whitebox machine that has a RAID 1+0 setup on a High Point RAID controller.
1x36Gb and 3x72Gb drives make up the arrays, therefore, our stripped array is only 72Gb. Naturally, we are running out of disk space. Unfortunately there are no free bays in the server to allow us to just expand the array and partitions.
I want to know if I can use a product like CloneZilla to take an image to an external USB hard drive of the OS install and data partitions. I would then break the arrays, replace the 36Gb drive with another 72 and rebuild the arrays, re-establishing the 1+0 RAID. I then want to dump the image back to the first array and expand the partitions with G-Parted. Should give me 144Gb to play with.
I did not build this server. Otherwise, what do you think?
Probably going to end up reinstalling anyway since this will most certainly hose something.
1x36Gb and 3x72Gb drives make up the arrays, therefore, our stripped array is only 72Gb. Naturally, we are running out of disk space. Unfortunately there are no free bays in the server to allow us to just expand the array and partitions.
I want to know if I can use a product like CloneZilla to take an image to an external USB hard drive of the OS install and data partitions. I would then break the arrays, replace the 36Gb drive with another 72 and rebuild the arrays, re-establishing the 1+0 RAID. I then want to dump the image back to the first array and expand the partitions with G-Parted. Should give me 144Gb to play with.
I did not build this server. Otherwise, what do you think?
Probably going to end up reinstalling anyway since this will most certainly hose something.