Exchange Spanish Exchange Student Question

StarTrek4U

Gawd
Ok, so here's the deal. I have an exchange student coming to live with us from Spain and we need to get a way for her to be able to essentially type in Spanish on a pc. My question is the following: What is required for that to happen? Do we need a keyboard with the right Spanish characters on it? Windows default language set to Spanish? both? I've never had to deal with anything like this before and was wondering if anyone here has?

well the only letter that she would need is this: " ñ " the name is eñe and its not a big deal, just use ALT+ 164 or ALT + 165. There are other things in spanish, like accentuation marks like á, é, í, ó and ú, they can also be done via ASCII code ALT + 130, ALT + 160, ALT + 161, ALT + 162, ALT + 163. U could also set your control panel -> reginal and language options -> languages -> details -> add -> and select Spanish (traditional sort) that should do the trick. But i think it'll be simpler with the ASCII. ;)

If u don't like the ANSI don't ASCII :D

Tell your friend to bring his own keyboard. Every country has their own. Keyboards are cheap.

I would just buy a cheap usb keyboard with the spanish characters and enable spanish as a language option. Then all you need to do is switch it when he wants to type. It will end up giving you an option on the taskbar to switch between them.

Back