Exchange 2010 - bounce backs on some internal messages

jadams

2[H]4U
Some people are getting similar bounce back messages when emailing some people in our organization. I get one whenever I email the person below. However other people can email them fine.

Any idears?

Code:
'Jon Smith' <mailto:IMCEAEX-_O%3DFIRST%2B20ORGANIZATION_OU%3DEXCHANGE%2B20ADMINISTRATIVE%2B20GROUP%2B20%2B28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT%2B29_CN%3DRECIPIENTS_CN%3DJON%[email protected]> 
The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's e-mail address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: ICS-EXCHANGE0.ics.local

IMCEAEX-_O=FIRST+20ORGANIZATION_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=JON+2ESMITH@domain.com
#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

Original message headers:

Received: from ICS-EXCHANGE0.ics.local ([fe80::f0f6:41c9:657f:2c2e]) by
 ics-exchange0.ics.local ([fe80::f0f6:41c9:657f:2c2e%13]) with mapi id
 14.01.0218.012; Mon, 20 May 2013 10:05:49 -0400
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary

This is probably an Outlook cached auto complete address problem. Select the user from the GAL or check out your nk2 file.

This is probably an Outlook cached auto complete address problem. Select the user from the GAL or check out your nk2 file.

That was it. Used the Global Address List and was able to send the messages. Though I'm having trouble finding the nk2 file. I dont seem to have one in the location the technet article I'm looking at it talking about.

Regardless... choosing from the GAL must have inserted the correct account into the cache. I can now submit emails w/ out using the GAL for these users. Thanks so much.

Had this exact problem when we migrated from Exchange 2003 to Office 365.

NK2 files all had the old server address for all internal folks.

Wiped out most people's NK2 files, edited the VIPs with NK2Edit and only removed internal addresses.

Different versions of Outlook have or do not have NK2 files...
office 2007 and older have NK2 files for autocomplete and they are located in: %userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\

Outlook 2010 and 2013 file -> options -> mail scroll down to send messages and choose empty auto-complete list.

If it's outlook 2010, you don't have to empty the entire list. Just start typing the persons name, when the drop down box comes up in the to field for the autocomplete, just hit the 'x' to the right of their name.

That will clear out that single entry from the auto complete list. No reason to nuke it.

If it's outlook 2010, you don't have to empty the entire list. Just start typing the persons name, when the drop down box comes up in the to field for the autocomplete, just hit the 'x' to the right of their name.

That will clear out that single entry from the auto complete list. No reason to nuke it.

you can also use the Delete key

Back