Exchange 2007: View Rules Clients Have Made?

TechieSooner

Supreme [H]ardness
Is there a way to view any automatic rules the clients have made? What comes to mind is potentially auto-forwarding company data to an external personal account, anyway I can see if anyone is doing that?

Thanks!

I know what Journaling is... I'm talking about when a client (end-user) goes into Rules and Alerts, and sets up a rule to auto-forward company data to a personal account. Is there a way I can see what the end-users have setup like this?

could always make yourself a full admin of the mailbox in question(if you're not already) and open it for yourself and look...that's assuming you're only looking at one, i'm gonna take a guess and say you're trying to look at all outgoing mail, in which case.....i'm nowhere near an Exchange admin guru...anyone else care to join the thread? :D

could always make yourself a full admin of the mailbox in question(if you're not already) and open it for yourself and look...that's assuming you're only looking at one, i'm gonna take a guess and say you're trying to look at all outgoing mail, in which case.....i'm nowhere near an Exchange admin guru...anyone else care to join the thread? :D

Yea I have my "suspects" but that's pretty much unfair...
If I'm going to do an "audit" I have to see everyone.

You could disable auto forwarding from the server, its probably a good idea anyway

Other than that, you would need to log into the persons web access to view more.

How do I do the former?

Open Exchange 2007 MMC,

1) Go to Org config
2) Go to Hub Transport
3) Under remove domains you should have the default *. Go to properties
4) On the "Format of original message sent as attachment to journal report:" You can sleect what is allowed.

See, the forward option is unchecked.

I think the problem, while the rule is server-side, it's a mailbox-side rule... It just applies to that one mailbox, so: it's not universal.

So open the mailbox in web access (log in as administrator then at the top right open their mailbox.)

You should have access to this.

Or just fire the person lol

So open the mailbox in web access (log in as administrator then at the top right open their mailbox.)

You should have access to this.

Or just fire the person lol

Yea I had to resort to OWA... PITA but if that's the only thing that works...

It's not my employee :)

Back