Excel 07 messing up?

Ok, so I am gonna do my best to try to explain this problem that I have been experiencing.

Recently when I go to edit a workbook with multiple worksheets, any changes that I make on worksheet B will also reflect on worksheet A within the same workbook. So, if I go to write anything is a cell in worksheet B, it will write that exact same text in the same cell location in worksheet A. It will overwrite existing data and also carry any formatting changes that I make to the cell in worksheet B. Essentially, it is an exact copy and paste of the cells that I edit from one worksheet to the other.

Now, I have tried to do the repair function when I put the Office CD in the drive. However, after the full repair procedure and a reboot the issue continued occurring.

Does anyone know a potential solution or possible cause to this problem? This started happening about 3 weeks ago out of the blue and has happened to 3 separate large workbooks. I really need excel to be fully functional as I use it fairly heavily for work. I have Office 07 Enterprise (legal) and it is fully updated running on Vista x64 SP2 and also fully updated. I appreciate any help.

are you sure you have all the updates for office 2007? "stock" office 2007 is really buggy. Heck, stock excel has a bug where it does math incorrectly with numbers near the 16-bit boundry (65536).

are you sure you have all the updates for office 2007? "stock" office 2007 is really buggy. Heck, stock excel has a bug where it does math incorrectly with numbers near the 16-bit boundry (65536).

Yes, I did mention in my OP that all software, windows and office, are fully up to date.

Last edited:
One of our users has a similar problem with Excel 2007. The workbook he uses is relatively large and it always seems to happen more frequently the longer he has the workbook open. There have been a few instances where he has received an error message about low virtual memory with the workbook open. I haven't put much time into it and don't know if others have the same problem, but I just tell him its a problem with the workbook. Like a memory leak or something as the workbook he uses contains a lot of custom macros and stuff.

One of our users has a similar problem with Excel 2007. The workbook he uses is relatively large and it always seems to happen more frequently the longer he has the workbook open. There have been a few instances where he has received an error message about low virtual memory with the workbook open. I haven't put much time into it and don't know if others have the same problem, but I just tell him its a problem with the workbook. Like a memory leak or something as the workbook he uses contains a lot of custom macros and stuff.

Well, the workbook contains all text and information, there is not numerical data or macros or anything. So it really isnt a 'big' workbook, it just has quite a few tabs.

But the other two workbooks that this happened to are only like 3-5 tabs total and they also only contain text data.

is there seriously anybody that doesnt have any advice about this issue? i would really appreciate any help

Open a case with Microsoft. This seems like a pretty significant bug.

Back