eVGA 7800gtx

aznstyl

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 7, 2004
Messages
116
Hi all, I have a eVGA 7800GTX. I just notice in EVEREST it say mine GPU Clock was @ 275mhz. Isn't evGA 7800GTX come stock at 490mhz? I'm a little confuse.
 
I think thats the 2D clock value. the 3D should be 490 like advertised.
 
yeah I just look into the nvdia setting and find that it was set to 2d. I've oc it to 490 and mem it to 1.3. Is that normal? Thanks
 
aznstyl said:
yeah I just look into the nvdia setting and find that it was set to 2d. I've oc it to 490 and mem it to 1.3. Is that normal? Thanks

No! Bad!
Do not overclock the 2D speed to 490Mhz.
Leave the 2D where it is, overclock the 3D clock speeds if you want to overclock your card.
If you leave your card at 275Mhz in 2D mode your video card will last longer.
 
its got a life time warranty with overclocking allowed ;p he has nothing to fear
 
todlerix said:
its got a life time warranty with overclocking allowed ;p he has nothing to fear

Perhaps but an over clcok on the 2 day side provides no benefit whatsoever
 
Back
Top