Error Loading Operating System

eLus1ve

Limp Gawd
I'm tried installing both Win XP Pro and Win2k on my new motherboard but after the files are copied on to the HD and after it reboots, the installation screen doesn't automatically pop up. It gives me an option to "boot from cd" again but that'll take me the setup screen again, however if I don't boot from cd, I get "Error Loading Operating System." I've tried "fixmbr" and "fixboot" but I still get the same thing. (Am i suppose to write an extension after fixmbr?) Win XP installs perfectly on the same HD on my old motherboard. Anyone got any suggestions?:confused:

Try downloading a 3rd party partitioning program and completly wipe the entire hard drive and try again.

If you are using 2 sticks of ram take out 1 stick i have no idea what this does but it has worked for me before.

I have had the problem in the past where I needed to disable the onboard sound and/or the onboard LAN before setup would continue.

I would also take out any non essential parts IE. network cards, sound cards etc..

Just do a barebones install then add things after you have the operating system installed.

Back