Epox 8RDA3+ onboard CMI9738 Sound Questions

cross56

Limp Gawd
Epox 8RDA3+
I'm thinking of buying this mobo and was wondering if the CMI 9738 sound is any good? Its C media onboard sound. Any problems in games or anything. If you have any knowledge on this mobo it would be great to hear what you have to say about it. Thanks

No hissing problems or anything else like that that i've noticed in the past 4 months of running this board. Works great for music and games. The big problem is not the audio, but the USB, which has serious driver problems that should be considered before buying this board. From what I have heard, if you get a 2.0 you should be fine, but otherwise, USB is pretty well borked, which is why i'm selling mine :( ... well that and buying a MSI K7D Master-L. Running 2 computers on a student budget is hard, but running a dualie and another computer is crazy. Anyway, yeah it's a good board so long as USB issues have been ironed out.

I have an 8rda3+ and so do 3 of my friends. we never had any problems in the past using this board and the sound works just fine. No popping or hissing. Defintately a good board.

Thanks for posting Foxcow and Vertigo Acid. I went and ordered the mobo I wanted in the first place. The Abit NF7-S v2 is what I ended up ordering. I put a computer together for my bro inlaw and that is an awesome mobo, but when I went to order it, they were out of stock. The Epox 8RDA3+ was mysecond choice. I found that Newegg had the Abit in stock again this morning at 2AM and I ordered it. I've never ordered from Newegg before, I hope its here by Friday. I even got me a new hat out of the deal.
I'm upgrading from my MSI K7N2-Delta L 400 which by the way is an awesome mobo also. I love this mobo. But it doesn't have SATA, Firewire or anything. Thanks again guys. If this Abit runs as good as my MSI, I'm going to be so excited once its put together. Thanks :)

Back