encrypt folder

colore

Limp Gawd
hello!

is there a robust way to encrypt a folder/file?

I want to open/access it with a password after I logon to windows but it should be unaccessible by any method in case my laptop is stolen or hacked

any idea?

Links to cnet downloads should be blacklisted here, and everywhere else, in my opinion.

No self-respecting PC enthusiast would touch that site with a 10-foot SATA cable. Ublock Origin even flags it as a badware distributor

I changed the url just for you. But I use uBlock and know it flags it but you just click temp access and dload it. I've never had any adware infected files from there. I just posted the first url that popped up that had it.

Just did a test and downloaded version 2.0 from both the authors site and Cnet, both files are exactly the same and there is no junkware added to the Cnet download.

Last edited:
Links to cnet downloads should be blacklisted here, and everywhere else, in my opinion.

No self-respecting PC enthusiast would touch that site with a 10-foot SATA cable. Ublock Origin even flags it as a badware distributor
You are entitled to that opinion.

It says that Fort is a 14 day trial but the version I am using is free for life which is v1.3 so they must have changed it in v2.0 to trialware, get the v1.4 they have on majorgeeks and not 2.0 if you want it free.

What is NTFS encryption?
Where do I get bitlocker?
I will try Fort. thanks!

Back