• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

EMU 0404 Volume level problems.

GotNoRice

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Jul 11, 2001
Messages
12,831
I noticed that my music seemed really quiet, as in at the volume level I usually listen to music at I could barely hear it at all. I leave the 0404 volume level at “0” and have it hooked into one of the analog inputs on my preamp. It is acting as if I have the volume turned down on my computer somehow, but I have checked every conceivable level adjustment I can think of. The sound is not distorted, just muted. If I use the analog output from my Audigy2 ZS into my preamp instead, the volume level is fine. I can mitigate the problem slightly by adjusting the volume level of the 0404 above “0” but obviously that’s not solving the underlying problem.

I’m about to try stuff like doing a complete driver re-install and switching PCI slots, etc. Not that I should have to, but this is a creative card after all... It just seems like this problem should have a simple solution, like there is a volume control somewhere that I’m overlooking, but I just don’t see it. At one point I completely bypassed my preamp, having the 0404 analog outputs going directly into the inputs on the amp. I was able to adjust the 0404 volume up to and beyond “0” and it wasn’t even that loud. Last time I tried that I nearly damaged my speakers. What could be wrong?
 
Back
Top