Educational and Experience Help

ern

Limp Gawd
Hey guys. I am in some need of some advice. I have no idea what to do with myself here. I graduated from Purdue University with my Associates Degree in Computer Information Technology. Im actually somewhere in my junior year. Anyways, I graduated in 05 and some family issues and other things have prevented me from going back. I also, have no certifications though I want them. I have little experience too. I have 2 years in the tech bay at bestbuy. I worked there during highschool.

I am currently working for a credit union. I have been here for over 5 years. I worked here to get through college and ending up staying during some rough times. I am leaving by december and having a difficult time finding a job in the I.T. area. I know im going to take a paycut and probably start at the bottom of the barrell but thats fine.

Is there any advice? What certifications should I be taking? I am interested in Security and Networking but I also loved HTML in college. I dont have any experience in java or much other web based programming but I do love that type of stuff as well as the security and networking.

I managed to talk to a guy from a 3rd party company that runs our system here and he told me a good start would be to look into test 70-620 which seems to be Vista Certification and test 70-640 which is windows server 2008. I was also going to do my Comptia A+ to have and do for myself.

Im not sure If I even have the time or capability of returning to school. Im now 26 years old and I need to do something with myself. You have all been great in answering previous questions for other people who are in a similiar boat so I figured I would post and hope for the best.

Advice would be greatly appreciated!

Back