• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Echo with Xfire or Teamspeak

jms130

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Nov 23, 2005
Messages
11,588
I have an X-Fi Xtreme Music sound card and Logitech headphones with mic. When I try to talk with my friends with X-Fire or Teamspeak I can hear myself about a half second after I begin speaking. I can also hear the other person's game. I've turned off EAX and any other sound effect I could find. Everything works great or sounds great except when I try to use a microphone. I've run out of ideas. Any thoughts on how to correct this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
 
I have this same style of problem with MSN messenger. Is it only with certian friends or everyone you talk to? Do you have to talk to hear their game or do they just transmit sounds constantly?
 
have you tired turning off the mic setting in teh volume control (so that you dont hear yourself thru the speakers)
 
Open up the volume control and mute the microphone line. If you've done that already, then I'm not sure what to do since I use a different sound card.

Edit: What the guy above me said.
 
My assumption is that your friends are probably using speakers and you're hearing their speakers in through their microphones. Tell your friends to use headphones or the push-to-talk function in Xfire.
 
No, we're using headphones/mic.

I called Soundblaster's tech support and they told me to mute the volume. I am I missing something here? If I do that I can't hear anything.

In the Volumne control the the only thing not muted is Volume and Wave. In the recording section the only thing selected is microphone.

After talking to Creative or Soundbaster or whatever they call themselves, I'm starting to really hate all this. Any thoughts are appreciated.
 
You have to click the advanced controls in the options menu. That brings all the other lines up, then mute microphone.
 
Tried that too. Let's keep brainstorming on this. Thanks for all the posts so far. :D :D
 
I am also interested to hear a resolution. I have the same problem with my Audigy 2ZS when using my logitech headset on TS2.
 
You need to go to the control panel and open up 'sounds and audio devices' In the 'device volume' box, click advanced to bring up the audio play controls. Now I have Wave, MIDI Synth, CD Audio, Line-In and Microphone. I have the Mute button ticked on ALL but Wave.

If you do that, you shouldn't get anymore echo echo echo echo echo.......:D
 
That sounds like an odd poblem to me... What you are describing is exactly what happens when someone is using headphones and hasn't setup TS to use a push to talk button instead of voice activation. That can be quite annoying.

If both parties are using headphones the only other thing I can think of is that the person on the other end has "what u year" or a similar recording device selected but then I doubt you'd be able to hear them talk on the mic...

Best of luck on an odd problem.
 
Canon said:
That sounds like an odd poblem to me... What you are describing is exactly what happens when someone is using headphones and hasn't setup TS to use a push to talk button instead of voice activation. That can be quite annoying.

If both parties are using headphones the only other thing I can think of is that the person on the other end has "what u year" or a similar recording device selected but then I doubt you'd be able to hear them talk on the mic...

Best of luck on an odd problem.
If he's muted everything but wave, you'd think that this would have to be a problem with one of his friends setups. I've used ventrilo and TS extensively, as well as USB sound cards/headsets and regular sound card with seperate mic/headphones. Anytime I would hear myself it would be because of the mic line not being muted. If you are hearing other peoples game + your voice (delayed), it is a problem with their setup.

If you are positive everyone is using headphones then I really think the only possibility left is one of your friends is using not using push-to-talk and is using a sound card that is getting crossover. My Turtle Beach Santa Cruz card would do that. I always used push-to-talk, but if I talked right after they did, they could hear themselves + my game (usually CS 1.6) in the background. I haven't heard of any Sound Blaster cards getting crossover, but the offbrand cards might be vulnerable to crossover.

In summary:
Assuming everyone is using headphones
Someone is not using push-to-talk
Someone is getting crossover
Test it out individually with one person at a time - find out their sound card brand, make sure they are using headphones, and if they are using push-to-talk or not.

If you can reproduce the echo with every person, then I'm stumped.
 
If I load up Teamspeak or X-fire completely on my own not connected to anyone and use the option to test microphone...I get the same problem of hearing my voice delayed.

In a few days I'll reformat. Maybe a fresh install of Windows XP will fix it.

I appreciate everyones efforts.
iconwink1kr.gif
iconwink1kr.gif
 
Umm... that option to test your mic in TS does exactly that. It records and then plays it back and in fact it is delayed by maybe a second or less. That's normal behaviour with the mic test feature.
 
Jms130 said:
If I load up Teamspeak or X-fire completely on my own not connected to anyone and use the option to test microphone...I get the same problem of hearing my voice delayed.

In a few days I'll reformat. Maybe a fresh install of Windows XP will fix it.

I appreciate everyones efforts.
iconwink1kr.gif
iconwink1kr.gif
I said test it out with other people for a reason, see the post above me.
 
If everyone is using voice activation and always use voice activiation without any problems until I come along...wouldn't that point to me as the problem?

I'll e-mail a link to this thread to my my friends. :cool:
 
After showing this thread to my friends and getting their systems straightened out my problem has completely vanished. Big thanks everyone!!!
 
Back
Top