• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

EAX, EAX2, & EAX3? Hmm...

Punkrulz

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 11, 2001
Messages
1,458
Hey guys,

More and more on some of the newer games I am seeing options for EAX, EAX2, and EAX3. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum... few questions.

1) What is the difference between the three EAX Modes? What does each one of them do, or is capable of?

2) What modes does my SB Audigy2 Plat support?

I think that's about it... primarily worried about #1. Thanks!
 
EAX 1 is pretty well just reverb. I'm not sure what EAX 2 is, but should be an improvement. EAX Advanced HD (3) is this. In games, you should use the highest one you can, because the newer versions include the features of the older ones, as well as adding more of their own.

Your Audigy card supports EAX 1, EAX 2, EAX Advanced HD (EAX 3) and EAX 4 with a driver update downloadable from Creative's website.
 
Back
Top