Earbuds for ipod shuffle

Tutelary

I'm a nice banned boy.
Joined
Oct 6, 2005
Messages
2,014
Would it be worth upgrading the earbuds that came with my gen2 shuffle to something in the 40 or 50 dollar range? Would there be any real noticeable improvement?

Any opinions appreciated aside from generic "get something better than a shuffle" comments..I have the shuffle for the specific reason that its incredibly small and works well for working out and cleaning the house.
 
Would it be worth upgrading the earbuds that came with my gen2 shuffle to something in the 40 or 50 dollar range? Would there be any real noticeable improvement?

Any opinions appreciated aside from generic "get something better than a shuffle" comments..I have the shuffle for the specific reason that its incredibly small and works well for working out and cleaning the house.
The iPods in general perform very well as far as sound quality goes. Sure folks will argue that Creative or some other brand may have have marginally better sound quality but unless you want something bulkier and unglier... But that's not answering your question, you want to get a pair of Sony MDR71s, you can find them discount. They sound GREAT for the price ($25-$50), way better than the included earphones, which by included earphone standards don't sound bad at all. I went nuts and picked up a set of Sure e4g(e4c with shoter cord). Those were about $300 but sound incredible.

This might help you decide: http://forums.ipodlounge.com/showthread.php?t=22899&page=1
 
many thanks, exactly the kind of info I was looking for. thanks for the link to the ipodlounge, I didnt know that existed.
 
Ear buds or In Ear Monitors?
Ear buds are similar to the phones that came with your shuffle and they generally fit in the outer portion of your ear, IEMs actually fit in your ear canal (like ear plugs do).
 
I'd recommend the Koss KSC75's if your into clip ones very nice headphones for $20
 
Yuin PK-2 if you want earbuds. Yuin PK-1 and PK-2 are the only earbuds worth buying.
 
The iPods in general perform very well as far as sound quality goes. Sure folks will argue that Creative or some other brand may have have marginally better sound quality but unless you want something bulkier and unglier... But that's not answering your question, you want to get a pair of Sony MDR71s, you can find them discount. They sound GREAT for the price ($25-$50), way better than the included earphones, which by included earphone standards don't sound bad at all. I went nuts and picked up a set of Sure e4g(e4c with shoter cord). Those were about $300 but sound incredible.

This might help you decide: http://forums.ipodlounge.com/showthread.php?t=22899&page=1
Exactly how I progressed with my Nano. Included ones are obviously awful. My girl got me the Sony's for a cheapie upgrade before she'd not kill me for blowing a fortune, and they actually sound really good! The highs seem a tad harsh but I think you'd be hard pressed to beat them at the price. Very comfortable too for IEM's. Also ended up with Shure E4G's and now I'm constantly looking for excuses to listen to them. Absolutely love 'em.
 
im usually careless about my earbuds so i picked up a set of jvc fx55s for around $30 after reading some reviews on head hi-fi. on my first gen shuffle they are a noticeable improvement over the apple ones. getting a good set of buds for your shuffle is one of the best things you can do since the shuffles typically have the best sound quality out of the entire ipod line.
 
Exactly how I progressed with my Nano. Included ones are obviously awful. My girl got me the Sony's for a cheapie upgrade before she'd not kill me for blowing a fortune, and they actually sound really good! The highs seem a tad harsh but I think you'd be hard pressed to beat them at the price. Very comfortable too for IEM's. Also ended up with Shure E4G's and now I'm constantly looking for excuses to listen to them. Absolutely love 'em.
I listen to them at home every once in a while. I plug them into my audigy 4 pro which has a dead silent headphone jack and listen to my tunes. It's a great experience. I love the noise isolation also, it really helps me get into the music.
 
Back
Top