E8400 + VM/notfreds PPD?

Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
663
Finally got around to setting up my first VM on my old but trusty E8400 @ 3.45 Ghz :cool:

It's about 2000 PpD. Does that sound right?

Thought it would be a little higher, was getting close to that (1600) with the SMP (MPICH) client. This box is also running the GPU client GTX285, maybe taxing the CPU maybe???

Running one VM under Win7 32-bit
numvCPUs = "2"
memsize "2048"
priority.grabbed = "idle"
priority.ungrabbed = "idle"

The rest of the settings are the default for the notfreds distribution.

I hope put together a better VM rig (LGA775 mobo) in the next few weeks. Waiting for better cash flow to get 6600, have everything else but CPU.

I'm next in line to be mowed by 404.
 
Yeah, my E8600 was getting around 2.4K PPD

2K PPD is about right, maybe a tad low at the OC freq. you went with.
 
I'm running my e8400 with notfred at a 3.6ghz overclock and I get 2.2K Ppd so you're in the correct range.
 
with my 8400 @ 4ghz I am getting around 2300 ppd with the standard SMP client. I didn't really gain all that much with the notfreds VM on dual cores.
 
Im hoping to get 2kppd out of a E6500k coming soon to replace a E5200
 
my E8600 gets about 2.4-2.6 so it is in the proper range.
 
Back
Top