DVI noise problem

Joined
Sep 29, 2005
Messages
920
Setup: PNY GTX 580 1.5GB Non OCed
Element 37" 1080p TV and 27" Samsung P2770FH

I have been wanting to set up the Samsung monitor on a stand at the foot of my bed for watching movies in a more comfortable position. I needed a long DVI cable for this to happen, and so I purchased a 25' DVI cable off Amazon, which was barely long enough for my purposes. The problem I am experiencing is I am getting green "dancing pixels" on areas that are pure black.

After a little research, it seems this is actually a fairly common problem, particularly with long DVI cables. I'm wondering if this is indeed normal with long cables, or if my cable is bad, and second, if there is anything I can do to alleviate the problem.

P.S. Yes, I checked the connections, they are tight.
 
Back
Top