Dumb Question: i7 Core Matching

Tobit

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - March 2010/May 2011
Joined
Dec 12, 2005
Messages
5,145
This may or may not be a dumb question but is there a way, on an i7, to identify which parent core is linked to it's hyper-threaded sibling? Say the 8 cores are labeled 0 - 7. Would core 0 and core 4 be one pair and so on or is it core 0 and 1 or does it not work this way at all?
 
This would be good to know to set affinities if you wanted to use just one core and it's VT to run a program.
 
This would be good to know to set affinities if you wanted to use just one core and it's VT to run a program.
Yeah, this is why I am curious. I have an application I'd like to lock to two real cores and their matching HT cores.
 
The latest version of Bill2's does this for you automagically.

If you want to use other proggies for affinity then mr pedantic is correct.

Hope this helps :)
 
Excellent, Mr. P confirms what I was thinking. Thanks.
 
Back
Top