Dual WAN router recommendation

I'll take a look at that one. Just want something reliable that I can set and forget for the wan failover. We already have a managed firewall and an IPS.

I'll take a look at that one. Just want something reliable that I can set and forget for the wan failover. We already have a managed firewall and an IPS.

What are you using for a firewall now? You might be able to do fail-over with it. Might want to make sure your firewall is going to work sitting behind a WAN-balancer...

I have used the RV042 with dual wan, it does fine in failover, but struggles with load balancing

What are you using for a firewall now? You might be able to do fail-over with it. Might want to make sure your firewall is going to work sitting behind a WAN-balancer...

The firewall is a cisco pix 506 and is managed by SecureWorks, it won't do failover. I'll just have to tell them New IP's for the Satellite link and they can add routes.

RV082...not much more money, but quite a bit faster. How large is the network?

Also Draytek makes some multi WAN routers that are very highly rated. They're not big big into the US market yet...but the little bit of exposure they've had so far...it's been positive.

Peplink is another good multi-WAN router.

The firewall is a cisco pix 506 and is managed by SecureWorks, it won't do failover. I'll just have to tell them New IP's for the Satellite link and they can add routes.

Crap, that PIX506 has been end-of-lifed for a few years now. Why not just buy a new ASA5510 that supports fail-over and get a device that is supportable? Probably cost just as much as putting a WAN-Balancer in front of that old PIX anyway.

Crap, that PIX506 has been end-of-lifed for a few years now. Why not just buy a new ASA5510 that supports fail-over and get a device that is supportable? Probably cost just as much as putting a WAN-Balancer in front of that old PIX anyway.

5505 will do dual wan too if it's license for it. Might save your self a buck or 2 with the 5505 vs the 5510

Get to go home for the day. Thanks for the suggestions so far, have to run some stuff by management in the morning. Keep 'em coming.

Looks like we are getting a 5510 with the security plus bundle. Thanks for all the info.

IIRC, it was due to a change in chipset manufacturers. I can't cite that though...

Yeah, they switched chipsets on ALL ASA series hardware. Way to go Cisco. There's no way people would say, crap I can't wait six months I guess I'll see what Juniper and SonicWall have to offer . . . .

I just sold a Cisco 881W to an SMB because we could get that and not the ASA5505. They were also looking at Fortinet but I just hate the interface on those things...

Yeah, they switched chipsets on ALL ASA series hardware. Way to go Cisco. There's no way people would say, crap I can't wait six months I guess I'll see what Juniper and SonicWall have to offer . . . .

I just sold a Cisco 881W to an SMB because we could get that and not the ASA5505. They were also looking at Fortinet but I just hate the interface on those things...

I'm dealing with a dying M$ ISA server that needs to be replaced by Active/Standby ASA 5510 sec+ 's, currently band aids all over the place. Looking at just buying Juniper 240's.only trouble is I don't know JUNOS, they do have the IOS conf -> JUNOS conf converter things, but still kinda like to know what I'm doing :p

IIRC, it was due to a change in chipset manufacturers. I can't cite that though...

Does it have anything to do with the base memory config changing in Feb? when 8.3 came out the base memory config on all the SKU's except 5540 and 5580 changed.

Yeah, running into the issue of finding one. Oh well I start a week of vacation when my day is over, just have to set things in motion before I leave.

I'm dealing with a dying M$ ISA server that needs to be replaced by Active/Standby ASA 5510 sec+ 's, currently band aids all over the place. Looking at just buying Juniper 240's.only trouble is I don't know JUNOS, they do have the IOS conf -> JUNOS conf converter things, but still kinda like to know what I'm doing :p

Well, you could always look at a nice 2900 series ISR router. You can actually go out and BUY one of those things.....

The I2J tool is not all cracked up as it says. I pasted in my cisco router config from my lab at and it didn't even complete half of it..

So good luck

Back