Dual Video Card Problem

zan780

Weaksauce
Hi,

I have both a Radeon 9800XT and a Radeon 9000 PCI. I am trying to get them to play nice together for Dual DVI. However, when I clicked "Advanced" in display properties, the rundll task locks at 100% CPU usage indefinitely, and the only cure is a reboot. If I log off my user and log back on the task is still stuck at 100%. No number of end tasks or yelling at the computer (and believe me I have yelled) will fix the problem.

I have a Abit K8T800 KV8-Max3 board with the latest BIOS. I tried contacting Abit support but naturally they never return my e-mails. I also contacted ATI support but they have not returned my e-mail either.

I have all the latest Drivers + BIOS updates for everything. I have tried the last 5 version of the catalyst drivers including the latest 4.3’s.

I have tried a bunch of different PCI settings including disabling PCI mastering and such. The AGP card is using IRQ 16 and the PCI card is using IRQ 17, both devices are not sharing an IRQ with any other rogue devices.

Does anyone have any ideas? I know a decent number of people are running dual video cards and I have scoured the internet for a cure, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Back