Dual Monitors

With my 9600 XT I can hook up another monitor and run dual monitors. What I wanted to know is when your playing a game on your main monitor can you still do stuff on the 2nd one or will it go black? Both monitors are on the same card.

With ultramon, you can. You will need to alt-tab in the game display to be able to use the mouse on the second display.

What about refreshrates? When I install new Radeon drivers, and that window appears on reboot, it says that disabling the TV support will allow for better refreshrates. Would the same apply if I used another VGA monitor? Is my refreshrate limited to the slowest monitor, or could I use say 120Hz on one and 85Hz on the other? Thanks.

I only have lcd's as dual displays. The refresh rates are at 60 hz. Since you can individually adjust each monitor's refresh rate with Ultramon, each should have a rate that you set it to.

Ok, thanks for that info. I may give this a try sometime, when I get a desk large enough to hold another monitor. :)

Originally posted by MontyAC
With ultramon, you can. You will need to alt-tab in the game display to be able to use the mouse on the second display.

Okay. but is there no other way. Where the monitors would still show a desktop while in game. Cause I don't wanna use the alt-tab feature just want it ready and waiting.

Back