Dual Monitors question.

mangomilk

n00b
Joined
Sep 28, 2011
Messages
42
Hi, to my surprise when I connected my 1920x1080 120Hz and 1680x1050 60Hz, the 120Hz was laggy, and I read this is problem with something and some people miraculously solve it by changing cable or making the GPU do the scaling, didn't help me. Well, the 120Hz works well alone and no lagging so I'm currently on one monitor, I'm ordering Samsung S27A850D soon and thinking if I will have the same problem with that? Is the problem caused by the different HZ's and not the bigger bandwith it needs (both 120Hz and 2560 resolution needs Dual-Link)? I have GTX 285 graphics card and I think it should be able to handle it. Just wondering, if there is anyone who has had "lagging" with 2560x1440 and 1680x1050 dual monitors. I hope it is caused by the HZ, but better to be safe and sure.

And yeah, there was no lagging if I changed the 120Hz monitors refresh rate to 60. (Both 60 then.)
 
Back
Top