thisperishedmin
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Nov 6, 2007
- Messages
- 497
Help me [H]...I'm stumped on this one...
With a second monitor attached, I experience bad screen flickering, vertical lines, and within 2 minutes, the computer just crashes or resets. I had a BSOD once but the message was totally irrelevant (kernel power?) - and I could only see it for a split second. I had to look it up in the event viewer to find anything useful out.
I have a fresh install of 10.2 drivers (my first reaction upon finding the issue), clocked down video card significantly, either monitor solo works fine... One monitor has a VGA-> DVI adapter that doesnt present any problem connected standalone. I have nothing else to test with, but I'm reasonably sure it isnt caused by either monitor...
If it helps I'm on windows 7 x64 with a Visiontek 4850. Are there any known cures, fixes etc? Could it be the adapter even though its okay alone? I see lots of issues similiar to this (x64 windows and dual monitors) but havent found a single fix despite dilligent searching...
Any suggestions will help, I'll provide any info I can that might be missing...Thank you!
With a second monitor attached, I experience bad screen flickering, vertical lines, and within 2 minutes, the computer just crashes or resets. I had a BSOD once but the message was totally irrelevant (kernel power?) - and I could only see it for a split second. I had to look it up in the event viewer to find anything useful out.
I have a fresh install of 10.2 drivers (my first reaction upon finding the issue), clocked down video card significantly, either monitor solo works fine... One monitor has a VGA-> DVI adapter that doesnt present any problem connected standalone. I have nothing else to test with, but I'm reasonably sure it isnt caused by either monitor...
If it helps I'm on windows 7 x64 with a Visiontek 4850. Are there any known cures, fixes etc? Could it be the adapter even though its okay alone? I see lots of issues similiar to this (x64 windows and dual monitors) but havent found a single fix despite dilligent searching...
Any suggestions will help, I'll provide any info I can that might be missing...Thank you!