Dual LG or Single Dell IPS?

I am considering purchasing a new monitor or two in the near future. I was searching around, and I found this (LG IPS231P-BN) monitor at Newegg, which I'm assuming is e-IPS.

In your opinion, would it be better to get 2 of these monitors, or one Dell U2410, which is h-IPS and 16:10 (which is something I prefer, but don't need). I do online reading (hardforum is killing my eyes on my current monitor with the white on black text), and some photo editing and gaming.

I'm currently using a horrible old Acer X221W TN monitor, so anything will be an upgrade for me.

How much time do you spend gaming?

if it's over 50% general use, then I'd say get two of the 23" LG lcds.
The U2410 can have many issues, but dell's warranty is superb. dual 23"s will make a much more productive environment.

If you plan on doing any sort of gaming stay away from the LG IPS panels and get 2x Dell U2312hm or Asus PA238Q/ML239H's.

If you want a 16:10 display that is easy on the eyes get a Samsung S24A850D (semi-glossy) since the IPS panels use grainy anti-glare coating.

I would say about 25-35% of my time is spent gaming, sometimes more. My max budget is around $500 for 2 displays, probably $400 for one. Is the Dell a bad choice for reading, then? Also, if I do something like eyefinity for gaming (for say a FPS), the curser will be directly in the middle of the screens, won't it? Is that something to worry about?

I would say about 25-35% of my time is spent gaming, sometimes more. My max budget is around $500 for 2 displays, probably $400 for one. Is the Dell a bad choice for reading, then? Also, if I do something like eyefinity for gaming (for say a FPS), the curser will be directly in the middle of the screens, won't it? Is that something to worry about?

You can't use 2 screens at once for gaming. All IPS panels use the same grainy coating except for the glossy Dell ST2220T, Apple Cinema Display, Eizo FS23332 and AOC IP2353ph. There are a bunch of eyefinity threads on [H] I suggest using the search function or google to learn about the pros/cons. IMO 1 screen>eyefinity.

You can't use 2 screens at once for gaming.

Of course you can use 2 screens in eyefinity, but cursor will be in the middle so is not recomended unless using a bezel-less screen.

3wgHy.jpg

Last edited:
Back