• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Dual CPU power supply

sergi00

n00b
Joined
Dec 10, 2010
Messages
17
Hi Folks!

I have a NORCO 4224 case with a motherboard recquiring 2*8PIN EPS 12V connector as I have 2 processors on it.
At first I was planning to buy a Seasonic xserie 850 PSU as it have the 2 connectors (infos gather from the official website) BUT... this PSU is a little bit older and very difficult to find in France...

Do you know what other PSU I might use? Seasonic is a brand of choice for me as I value silence more than everything. My setup is not very power hungry as I have 24*5400rpm hadd, 12Go ram and 2* xeon L5530 (40w each).

What are your advises?

Thanks ;)

sergio
 
well have a look most good 850 watts psu's and so do some 750's

if a psu has either

2 4+4 pin
1 4+4 and 1 8 pin
2 8 pin

it will work as 2 8 pin connectors
 
Or if there is a power supply with a 8-pin and a 4-pin, get a 4-pin to 8-pin adapter.

And actually, it doesn't matter whether or not it has the proper amount of connectors. You can get a molex to 8-pin EPS adapter easily. What matters is if it has the wattage to power your system.

What are your COMPLETE system specs?
 
Hi,
My complete system is :
2x xeon L5530
12Gb ram
Motherboard Tyan 7002
15 hdd WD Caviar Green 2Tb
1 SSD

I do not have anything. The PSU is a Supermicro 2U, but I won't use it in my new case as I can install an ATX PSU.

I did try to monitor watt consumption. At full load, it was around 250W.

sergio
 
No graphics card?

A good 500 watt would do. Maybe an Antec Truepower New 550, or XFX Core 550 watt.
 
Back
Top