dual channel help?

Ok i have bought already one stick of OCZ Platinum performance ram pc3200 512mb. Im looking to go to dual channel with this ram. I bought my first stick about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Now me not buying the ram at the same time, will i still be able to get dual channel if i bought another 512 stick?

it will work, if your chipset supports it and the sticks must be rather similar, better to have the same model or make. To have the Dual Channel RAM, you must have both sticks having the same amount of RAM, run at the same latencies..etc

im running OCZ platinum performance ram. timings are 2-3-2-5 1T. and i have a MSI K7N2 delta L motherboard with nforce 2 chipset. I got the ram at newegg. Mainly where i get all my products becuase of quality and shipping with good prices. Durr :D

Since you have an AMD board, your mem sticks do not have to match in size. What you want to worry about is getting mem sticks with similar timings.

I have tested the mismatched ram size in an nforce2 board...it does go into dual channel mode. For AMD, Dual Channel is a feature of the motherboard, not the ram.

Back