DT-770 cosmetic differences?

owkia

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
May 27, 2007
Messages
5,418
I've just realized that my 80 ohm DT-770s look a little different than any of the others that I've seen pictured online.

My headphones:

c4003429e8.jpg


What I usually see anywhere else:

930d9261e2.jpg



Mine sound great and everything else about them looks exactly the same. This just got me a little curious. Has Beyer just redesigned them cosmetically a little bit at one point?
 
you have the old version.



get some leather pads for better bass control
 
Yeah I was possibly looking into getting some leather pads anyway, but I was mainly just making sure that Beyer had made some changes. I now know that they have. Thank you.
 
np, you'll have to buy or find someone looking to buy a pair of manufacture cans though. Beyer will not sell the leather pads separately.
 
thus my suggestion to get leather pads to offer more control over the bass...

Wouldn't leather prevent the air from escaping the chamber even moreso than with velour, since its sealed off (whereas velour is airy)?
 
Wouldn't leather prevent the air from escaping the chamber even moreso than with velour, since its sealed off (whereas velour is airy)?

what are you trying to get at? have you never swapped pads on a pair of headphones and heard an audible difference? Look at all the pads available for Grados.

Yes, velour is more breathable than leather, but that has more to do with comfort and heat levels than anything else. the position of the driver relative to your ear has more effect. Velour pads are not all that breathable anyway, you still have foam inside don't you?

unless you've heard a pair of Beyers with leather pads (and I suspect you haven't) stop trying to throw doubt into what myself and others who have actually heard with their own ears the difference.
 
Calm down-I'm not throwing around horseshit like you're suggesting-I'm simply wondering what sort of audible differences there are between the velour and leather pads. I don't recall ever doubting your knowledge-infact, my last post was worded as a question, was it not? Please inform me if I have done something wrong.

I did a bit of experimenting on my A900s with some AD velour pads and very much preferred the more open sound that the velour gave.
 
I said in my first post they add bass control and more definition to the mids
 
hmm... I missed that thread somehow, kinda makes me wish I would have waited and not spent $65 for mine at the beginning of the summer, but there might be a difference between the manufacture pads and the avation pads, the manufactures are the way to go. Those that have them almost always prefer them to the velor pads

edit: I guess I didn't mention anything about the mids in my first post, but I did mention the better bass
 
Back
Top