DSL Filter installation

Gold

Limp Gawd
I'm in the process of installing my dsl setup, the deal is that the main wall telephone outlet is two rooms away from my room and so I run a real thin extended telephone wire from there into a power surge protector here in my room and so I have installed the dsl filter/splitter from the surge protector here in my room instead of directly from the wall outlet, is it required that I install the filter from the wall outlet directly?

The DSL filters only have to go right before whatever telephone you're plugging into them.

So basically, you should be ok. (just don't plug the DSL modem into the filter)

how about the thin wire from the wall outlet to my room, will it affect dsl speeds or dsl in general escpecially when the phone is being used at the same time since the phone uses that same thin extension cord

Put the phone itself on a filter. I take it from the first post that you have a wall phone, they do make DSL filters for wall phones.

If you run without filters on the phones, you'll very likely have interference in both the DSL speeds and the phone's sound quality when the phone is in use.

Back