Dropped phone in water >:-(

Private_Ops

[H]ard|Gawd
Need some help here.

I've got an LG Scoop. I've already taken it apart to let it dry (taking apart maybe not the best idea but, I KNOW Alltel WON'T replace it. They wouldn't replace my last one that got ran through the washer).

My phone will turn on but, the screen is almost completely whited out and the keys don't work right now. I'm not about waiting for it to dry for two freaking weeks since once it hits the water it's pretty much considered trash.

I know alltel carries refurbished phones (my moms Blackberry is refurb). I can't find anything on their website. So does anyone know how much a refurbed Scoop would cost through Alltel?

Dude, since this seems to happen regularly to you, JUST LET IT DRY. Seriously, don't screw with it, take the battery out of it, and let it sit over night. I've seen many a phone get dropped in water, and then work just fine afterwords.

Take it apart, seperate the boards, remove EVERYTHING possible and let it dry. If it wasn't CLEAN water, pour some rubbing alcohol over it (Or let it sit in some for a while )

I've had to do this to three of my sisters phones. Everyone has worked as well as it did before the accident (Not well to be sure. She's terrible. )

I've already had it apart (not just taking the battery out).

I'm fine for the time being since I had my dad switch one of his older phones over. So now I can atleast call someone (I drive about 30 miles a day to school, so it's something I'd like to have).

I'm just gonna leave it sit on my desk for a couple days and see what happens.

Oh, when did this section get created? I never saw it till today.

Since its already apart put all the parts in a bowl of rice. The rice will draw the moisture away from the electronic parts.

it was made a couple days ago, Thursday i think

I had a Samsung phone a while back that was put through an entire wash cycle (left it in my pants pocket. Only found it after I noticed a clunking sound in the dryer after a while! I pulled out the battery and opened it up as much as I could and set it in front of a fan for about 24+ hours. When I popped the battery back in it was as good as new. Still works to this day! Though if you may have accidently (or not) tried to power it on while powered, you probably toasted something.

Good News!

Phone is working now. Will have to have it switched back over to make sure it will still call and all that stuff but, otherwise it's fine except for a bitchy end button (weird).

Back