Driving Wheels and Flight sticks

qbert3

[H]ard|Gawd
Im completely bored of the games ive been playing lately and have an urge to play some need for speed most wanted. I want a decent steering wheel but ive never ever looked into this type of stuff..not really sure where to start.

$100 is my limit for the wheel/pedals/whatever

Im gonna go buy battlefield 2 again (sold it a long time ago) and i wanna get a flight stick. probably end up playing another flight game other then bf2 what sticks should i look into ?

id say $50-60 sounds like it could cut it for a stick

any recommendations ?

For the flight stick I would look to Saitek, I hear the X52 is nice but your looking at $100 there with just the stick and throttle. The X45 or Cyborg Evo Force may be more what your looking for. Saitek also makes steering wheels which you can look at all on this page: http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/pcgc.asp

yeah it looks really nice but i dont think i can cough up that much.. the x45 doesnt look bad.

anyone have any awesome setups for their steering wheel?

Pacific Fighters - WW2 type fighters in this WW2 flight sim. Very fun, but the "realistic" long-range flying is boring.

Lock-On - Modern day flight sim (jets and the like)

I use the Driving Force Pro wheel from logitech. Comes with the throttle and brake pedals to. Force feed back on top of it all. Works great in every driving game I've tried it on.

Joystick? I've got a MS Sidewinder 2. Best damn stick made. Really solid work, very few sticks are built that well. Too bad they aren't made anymore (mine was the very last Best Buy had). If you can get one, I highly recommend it.

sweet I've been seeing these logitech driving force wheels in reviews a lot. ill pick one up.

If you can find one, I'd recommend a Microsoft Side Winder Force Feedback steering wheel. I've got one in use and an extra one in the closet as a backup because they are discontinued and they are the best wheel I've used for under $100. The force feedback mechanism is belt driven, not gear driven, and provides excellent feedback in force feedback-enabled games.

I play a lot of NASCAR Racing 2003 Season and will not use any other wheel for it.

Another vote for the Driving Force Pro. I just play Live for Speed and the 900* rotation rocks. Even though I usually have it set to 720(too hard to countersteer at 900!), it still gives a great experience.

One thing though, I would recommend purchasing the warranty on it. I had to take my wheel back after a week of owning it due to a crappy set of pedals(brake pedal wouldnt respond, gas pedal would lose signal at WOT). But this second I have had for 6 or so months without a problem. There are two versions of the wheel, A and B. And I think the issues have been ironed out with the version B wheel/pedals, at least thats what I have read.

So I have my eyes set on a saitek x52. I mean the thing just looks so bad ass I cant resist it.. I could settle for a x45.

maybe one day ill look into getting a really cool gaming chair for all of this.

Back