Driver Signing Enforcement

HotGore

Limp Gawd
I need to disable driver signing enforcement in Vista x64. The only way that works is if I hold F8 and disable it that way, but doing that every time I boot sucks. I tried the bcedit.exe way, doesn't work apparently due to some update. Is there any other way?

Posted before but here we go again :)

The bcdedit commands must be run from an elevated administrator command prompt, followed by a reboot.

Bcdedit /set nointegritychecks ON
bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

Make sure you don't have any of the following updates installed

KB932596
KB938979
KB938194

These all reinforce driver integrity checks.

I have those updates installed. So I take it I am screwed?

No not screwed, but you have to decide whether you want to keep these updates installed. If you do, you'll have to press F8 every time you boot.

have fun with f8 :)

if ntune doesnt do what i need it too i leave it alone.. vista's security is kind of the point in going vista :p

I've been abusing F8 for a while, by next year the key will be worn out unless someone finds a tweak that doesn't require messing with security updates. Its such a pain in the as* knowing you forgot to disable it and you're in windows.

is there still no way to disable it without removing those updates? what exactly do those updates do OTHER than enforce driver signing? does it cause and issues uninstalling them?

When I was on vista and uninstalled them, I had no issues what so ever.

Back