Drive G keeps vanishing...

Ashton

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
2,514
This problem started in the last few days (not entirely sure since this is a drive I dont use a lot) But I'll randomly see that Drive G:\ is missing. I looked in Manage My Computer -> Disk Management, and it doesn't show up their either. Rebooting usually fixes it (temporarily)

Drive is fairly new, not making any noise and when It's available all files seem to work fine.

Any ideas? Sata port going bad maybe...?
 
Try a new cable first, see how that works. If it still disconnects try another port, you just have to narrow down the cause as it could be any link in the chain.
 
Try a new cable first, see how that works. If it still disconnects try another port, you just have to narrow down the cause as it could be any link in the chain.

I'll try it. The reason I'm wondering about the port is all my Motherboard ports are full so I'm using a PCI->SATA add-on card, so I'm not 100% sure of the quality of the card...
 
Back
Top