Drive Bay Cover

phantastic

n00b
Joined
Sep 3, 2010
Messages
20
Hoping to get some opinions from people who know more than I do...

Are PC case drive bay covers generally compatible between different case models, and/or different brands (e.g. would I be able to take a bay cover from an Antec 300 and put into an Antec 900; would I be able to take that bay cover and put it into a Thermaltake)?

Thanks in advance! :)
 
if the cases from a single manufacturer are very similar, it's possible they'll share covers. But finding two cases with the same covers among different brands is nearly impossible.
 
I think it would be a huge long shot to find two cases that have the same front panel covers. If you do find them you will have a hard time matching the color.
 
So you guys think it probably won't be a good idea to assume this Lian Li BZ-501

BZ-501-b.jpg


would fit into an Antec then? :confused:
 
being that it looks like it's made of metal and extends quite some way back into the case I imagine it could be made to fit almost any case with a little driling and tapping.
 
I'd have to agree with plugwash here. Being metal, as long as the actual front part is the same dimensions as the original I bet you could work something up to make them work. It make take some screws and some bending,
 
Back
Top