Downloads pause in firefox randomly...

DiZASTiX

Gawd
Ok, so I have Firefox 1.0 on windows xp (I have had this problems with all versions of firefox...), eveytime I download a file that is somewhat large (5mb+), the download will mysteriously stop in the middle of downloading. Then, I retry, and it stops again but not in the same place, always in a random place. Then, I tried downloading the same file with a download manager (I use WackGet) and it does the same thing! Help? Could it be my router?

What type of internet connection do you have?

Type of router and modem?

My ISP (cable) is RCN. They are popular in my neighborhood and none of my friends have the problem.

My router is a Linksys BEFW11S4 and my cable modem is a Toshiba PCX1100U.

I have a wired connection (not wireless)

I had the exact same problem you are having with both IE and Firefox, using the same router you have. The fix for me was updating my firmware. It's easy to do if you go to the Linksys website and should straighten you right out.

The Bryophyte said:
I had the exact same problem you are having with both IE and Firefox, using the same router you have. The fix for me was updating my firmware. It's easy to do if you go to the Linksys website and should straighten you right out.

just did this, I will let you know if it worked...

Back