Dolby encoding DTS-610 or what?

oqvist

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Dec 24, 2001
Messages
8,936
I have the Asus commando and it´s audio chip in theory supports dolby encoding. Real life is a total other story so I am looking for another solution.

I already has an Elite PRO so seems kind of overkill get an Auzentech Prelude which I doubt sounds any better or have better drivers... It doesn´t even have dolby encoding support yet from what I have seen. So would preferr a solution that cost less.

The DTS-610 is cheaper but I can´t find it here in Sweden? What other solutions are there. I would preferr DTS encoding over dolby digital if possible for the best sound quality possible.
 
Yes at the moment I am going to try get it working so maybe I don´t have to spend a dime :)
 
It doesn´t even have dolby encoding support yet from what I have seen.

Sorry I missed this line, but the Prelude does now have Dolby Digital Live (dolby encoding) and it works quite well. That's not to suggest you should run out and buy it, but if you can't get the Dolby Digital Live hack working on your Elite Pro, it's certainly an option (the new X-Fi PCI-E version, the titanium, also has Dolby Digital Live).
 
Well I know it would get one for certain but didn´t thought it had it.

But well I be damned if it didn´t work gotta love forums some times :D
Have you noticed much in term of lagg or performance hit with it enabled?

Also dts encoding I don´t seem to get do the Prelude offer that as well?
 
Have you noticed much in term of lag or performance hit with it enabled?

I have experienced no lag with Dolby Digital Live (DDL). Since I'm at home now I can have both analog and digital hooked up to my receiver simultaneously and can't perceive a difference (in terms of lag at least) between the two.

As for performance I'm not sure if it's beneficial to ask me since I have an overclocked Q6600 and thus have no performance hit with DDL (obviously since no game uses 100% of all four cores). It seems to me (once again it could be different for you or anyone else for that matter) that DDL takes about 1%-5% of CPU usage on one core (doesn't appear like it uses much CPU to me).

Also dts encoding I don´t seem to get do the Prelude offer that as well?

If Auzentech is to be believed (which is questionable at this point since they are already two months late with DTS Interactive, which you know as DTS encoding), an "alpha version" of the DTS Interactive driver is being tested internally as we speak and will be released to the public as a beta sometime in June.
 
Back
Top