Hi, I just got my Forte today to replace my PCI X-Fi F-P. I have a set of Z5500, which supports both optical and coax input. Since I Forte supports DDL encoding via coax, I am able to connect my computer to my speakers with coaxial cable and still maintain 5.1 function.
I am wondering how does DDL work? Which DAC, forte or z5500, processes the digital signals?
P.S. I can't figure out how to get 5.1 with regular 3.5mm cables. For some reason the driver only detects 2 speakers when I have all 3 plugged into "FRONT", "REAR", and "C/SW".
I am wondering how does DDL work? Which DAC, forte or z5500, processes the digital signals?
P.S. I can't figure out how to get 5.1 with regular 3.5mm cables. For some reason the driver only detects 2 speakers when I have all 3 plugged into "FRONT", "REAR", and "C/SW".